Wednesday, July 05, 2006

More Random Things About Life in Tokyo

I was woken up in my hotel on Tuesday at 6:47AM by an earthquake that measured 4.8 on the Richter scale. I grew up near San Francisco so I'm fairly used to having minor earthquakes on a regular basis, it's almost like a small piece of home. I've been living in the New York area for the last few years, so it's been a while since I experienced an earthquake. A 4.8 is on the larger size of small earthquakes, this one came as a single large jolt, definitely a unique way to wake up in the morning.

The restaurant I went to the night before last for dinner had no English speakers so I ended up ordering at random again, the food was fantastic, the beer on the other hand was some really strange and shitty dark Chinese beer. I've never had dark Chinese beer before and I have to say I will probably try to avoid it in the future.

I went out with co-workers last night and they convinced me to eat octopus, squid and some other uniquely Japanese seafood, I drew the line at sea anemone. Squid (raw) tasted much better than octopus (raw), the food that got me the worst was I went to eat what I thought was beef and it turned out to be liver.

No comments: