Wednesday, July 05, 2006

High Tech Taxi’s

The taxi's in Tokyo are the most high tech cars I have ever been in, they pull up and the driver picks up a remote control (similar to a TV remote), with the press of a button on the remote the passenger door opens. When you get in the driver hits another button and the door closes. I gave the driver the address of the office I needed to go to, he picked up another remote and used it to input the address into the small flat panel display on his dashboard which put up a GPS map that told him how to get where we were headed. At the other end when I gave the driver my credit card he pulled out a cell phone like device and wirelessly took care of the charge. The door then opened via remote control to let me out. I am going to have to figure out a way to get some photo's and video of all this, it's pretty impressive.

No comments: