Thursday, July 13, 2006

Waiting for Mt. Fuji

I finally saw Mt. Fuji for the first time the other day, I had been waiting for more than three weeks to see it despite the fact that it should be plainly visible from where I live and work. Because its rainy season here it has always been cloud and hazy since I got here. I have to admit that my view of Mt. Fuji only lasted about 20 seconds when the clouds parted and it was so hazy that I mostly got an idea of what it looks like. I didn’t even bother to try taking a photo due to the haze.

UPDATE: I had a fairly clear view of the top 20% of Mt. Fuji earlier today, so maybe I will have to see the mountain in pieces. The locals have been telling me that I should have a great view of the mountain in November, I’m kind of hoping I don’t have to wait that long.

No comments: