Thursday, July 27, 2006

I’m back

I’m back in Tokyo after an amazing and yet very insane weekend trip back to the US. I left Tokyo last Thursday morning, all told the trip to the US involved a subway ride, a 2 hour bus ride, a 2 hour wait in the airport, a 13 hour plane flight and then another 1.5 hours in a taxi from JFK. It was a lot of travel and that was only the beginning, while in the US I drove a couple more hours to get to my friends wedding. And then of course coming back to Tokyo I did the whole thing over again, except that the flight is even longer (14 hours) coming back to Tokyo because of the winds. The really crazy thing about the flight back was that due to weather we flew REALLY far north. We were literally over the artic ocean north of Alaska, we didn’t even turn south until we were pretty deep into Siberia.

Despite traveling more than 40 hours to spend a little over four days in the US the trip was really worth it. I had a great chance to see a bunch of my friends and it was nice to be able to be home after five weeks even with the culture shock, more on that soon.

No comments: